Answered

How do I install the same Intercom instance on multiple apps?

Is is possible to add intercom in multiple apps with single intercom account and how?

And how check different apps messages in different section i mean how to filter messages according to apps name

icon

Best answer by Roy 26 April 2021, 00:32

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @mariano t​, it is possible to install the same Intercom instance on multiple apps or websites. Just use the same Intercom code snippet, with your app_id, to install it wherever you'd like your Messenger to show. Note: your Messenger will be identical across all of the sites/apps on which you have it installed, unless you have our multi-branded Messenger feature (available on Premium and Scale plans).

Once you have the Messenger installed on each app, I'd recommend creating separate team inboxes for each of your apps. You can then use assignment rules to assign conversations to each of these team inboxes, based on the URL from which the conversation was first started. That is the easiest way to sort all of your incoming conversations by app!

Badge +3

As Eric called out you use the same instance ID and potentially tweak your snippet to cater for the attributes / events you want to capture for the different apps. We have done this on all of our apps that are standalone products (going from 5 instances to 1) as well as other tech stacks not within our product platform.

Just a call out, map our your data model and make sure you it caters for all products (eg. same username or use email as a username), factor in different products behaving differently, the data points from each product probably are not aligned so data required for AppA will be useless for AppB and AppC.

You can also potentially look at the branding capability of Intercom (based on domains) to allow for each product to have its own flavour whilst still being a single instance.

Sorry to highjack the post, but I have a similar issue. I have a marketplace with 2 apps: one for buyers and another one for sellers. Intercom is already working in both, but I can only add one PEM file for push notifications in iOS. How can I add a second one to let my costumers know when I reply?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@josé g​ , That's a good question, are you sure that it's not possible to upload two PEM file in one workspace? 

If this not possible, the best workaround will be to use two separate workspaces. 

Let's wait until someone from Intercom tech. team reply to this, I'm also interested. 

Userlevel 1

Hey @josé g​, @roy s11​ - I can confirm that, right now, it's only possible to upload one PEM file into a workspace.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@eric f11​ Thanks for the answer. Please, Can you Specify this with a tech. team? For every new app, we should create a new workspace and it's a little bit problematic. 

lot's of companies using Intercom in one workspace but providing support for 3-4 apps. There should be some workaround.

Userlevel 1

@josé g​ Just so I understand your use case, do you have the same instance of Intercom (i.e. same app_ID) installed on both apps? Do you distinguish your buyers and sellers in your contacts using any custom attributes?

Hi Eric! I have two apps, both using the same app_ID (don't know how to set more than one with the same workspace to get all our user's requests in one place). We do distinguish our buyers and sellers with a custom atribute. The main issue we have is that with this setup, only one of the apps can have a PEM file or API key for Firebase, so only one gets to have push notifications for replies.

Yeah I tried, it always replaces the PEM file instead of adding a new one

@eric f11​ we are having problems on installing the same intercom instance in 2 apps with different domains.

We have configured the help center at help.simplekyc.com. We can access it from one app, in the same domain (simplekyc.com) but not from the second application in other domain (simplekyc.co.nz). It seems that the cookie intercom-session-ccui7koy is not set when accessing help.simplekyc.com from a domain different from *.simplekyc.com

Userlevel 1

Hey @user510​, I'm not quite sure what issue you're experiencing here. When you say "app" do you mean mobile app, or web app? Can you outline for me the steps you follow that lead to this behaviour?

thanks for your help @eric f11 (Intercom Employee)​ . What I mean by "app" is a web app.

We have 2 instances in different domains: app.simplekyc.com and app.simplekyc.co.nz, and we would like both of them to access the same help center: help.simplekyc.com. But it only works with the app.simplekyc.com application, not with the app.simplekyc.co.nz.

Should the help center have the same subdomain as the application that calls it?

@eric f11​ do you understand my explanation above? Is it possible to configure the same help.simpleky.com helper center to be accesible by different domains (app.simplekyc.com and app.simplekyc.co.nz) ?

Userlevel 1

Hey @user510​, I still need a little bit of clarification. When you say the Help Center is accessed from both domains, can you elaborate on how exactly it's accessed from these domains? Do you mean that the login page for your Help Center is app.simplekyc.com?

Sorry @eric f11​, sorry, I will try to explain myself better:

We have 2 web apps: app.simplekyc.com and app.simplekyc.co.nz where we have installed the plugin following the instructions here: https://developers.intercom.com/installing-intercom/docs/basic-javascript (using the same id for both of them)

In each application we have an iframe that references the help.simplekyc.com url, like this: <iframe src="https://help.simplekyc.comquot;></iframe>

Users from domain .simplekyc.com can see all the articles in help.simplekyc.com, but users in domain .simplekyc.co.nz can't.

I tend to think it is something related with the cookies, perhaps help.simplekyc.com can access cookies set by app.simplekyc.com but not the ones set by app.simplekyc.co.nz. But I am not sure, and I don't know if we should use a different domain for the help in each application to get it work (help.simplekyc.com and help.simplekyc.co.nz).

Userlevel 1

Thank you very kindly for expanding on this for me, @user510​!

Displaying the Help Center in an iframe isn't something that we officially support, so I can't guarantee any kind of behaviour here. I suspect that this may be causing your issue, though!

@eric f11​ I have tested on displaying the Help Center on a different tab (not on an iframe) and the issue is the same.

It seems that you set a cookie called "intercom-session-ccui7koy", that refers to the domain that integrate the javascript code, but then, in help.simplekyc.com, this cookie is empty.

Have a look at these 2 screenshots, where you can see the cookies in app.simplekyc.co.nz and help.simplekyc.com:

2_help_simplekyc_com1_app_simplekyc_co_nz 

@eric f11​ any idea about the issue?

We have same problem. Can no send push notifications second app.

Hey @eric f11​ 

any updates on this? We also have 2 apps using same app_id.

we also want to add 2 pem files, is there a work around for this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @shashank t​ , The best workaround will be to create a two separate app at this moment 😞

@eric f11​  there is any news with this ? we have the same problem. Are you going to solve this soon ?

S​till same problem.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@nicat​ , @yadid​  What problem do you have? You are planning to send push notifications for the second app?

Yes​