Answered

We're seeing a several minute delay in chats sitting in the inbox before assigning to agents who are available. Is there a way to fix this so our CX is not impacted with longer wait times?

• 9 October 2020
  • 9 replies

We've noticed that once an interaction gets through the custom bot flows and is placed in an inbox, there is a several minute delay before assigning that chat to an agent. We're seeing this impact both our wait times and our team efficiency as chats tend to add up quickly in the queue during peak hours. Would love any advice someone may have on how to resolve this!

icon

Best answer by Roy 9 October 2020, 18:00

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @eric b11​ , Can you check if "Leave a 2 minute delay" is turned off in settings for users and leads?

2 minute

Let me know if this works.

Hey @roy s11​ thanks for the response! Yes that setting is turned off

Userlevel 1
Badge

@eric b11​ For both? Users and leads?

@roy s11​ Yep, both users and leads have had that off since we've started using Intercom. I'd say just recently(last 2 weeks or so) we've noticed latency in a number of areas, this being one of them and the others being in agent messages sending.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@eric b11​ , Which assignment rules you are using? Round robin? 

Separate inbox for a bot is turned on?

You also have delays when agents send a reply? 

@roy s11​ We use balanced assignment rule for our Support Inbox and Round Robin for the Sales inbox. Right now, only hearing/seeing reports from the Support inbox. We also don't want to go to Round Robin for Support for a number of reasons, so I know that could be a troubleshooting step, but one I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

And yes, the agent delays are a bit sporadic and were happening more frequently two weeks ago, only happen a few times a week now from the reports our agents have told us.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@eric b11​ , What is a assignment limit?

limit

If you are using a balanced assignment and your team members have more then 3 (for example) active conversations assignments will be stopped. Once one of the team members closes the conversation, the assignment rule will assign a new one. 

That's why you see delays during the assignment, my advice will be to increase this number. 

Let me know if this works.

Assignment limit set at 2. This morning's example we had 3 people available to accept chats. 2 of them had 2 active chats, 1 of them had 0 and there was a customer waiting in the queue for 7 minutes and it eventually assigned to the agent with 0 active chats.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@eric b11​ Sure that this agent was "available"? Keep in mind, after 5-minute of inactivity, the status in intercom sets to "Away". 

Just test it - open your website and send the test conversations. 

1) Open a new conversations

2) Make all agents busy (assign them 2 active conversations)

3) Leave some conversations in the queue

4) Tell your agents to close conversation (One by one)

5) monitor how the assignment rule will work okay?