Answered

How do I prepopulate a form using my Hubspot values?

• 13 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I'd like to prepopulate the form fields of the information we've already collected on some of the messages published via intercom? i.e. If I already know the user e-mail, name, etc...whenever the user has to complete again a form, to prepopulate these fields with the information we already have.. is it possible?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 21 October 2020, 17:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there @user380​ - just so I'm 100% clear, you're looking to make sure that data that you already have for your users in Hubspot is also reflected in their profiles in Intercom?

Hi Eric,

Everytime a user signs up to our App, I can see through Intercom that we're collecting some of the user values (email, full name, website URL).

Once logged in, we offer the option to our users to book a meeting with our Sales team and, to schedule it, they need to complete a full form. As we already have collected some fields, I'd like this full form to be prepopulated so the user will only need to complete the fields we haven't had.

Hope it's more clear now!

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Gotcha, it strikes me that, instead of pre-populating some fields in a form, what will really solve your problem is syncing your user data between HubSpot and Intercom.

There are two ways to achieve this! The first is to use a tool like Zapier to sync Intercom and HubSpot; for example, with the Zap "Update or create Intercom contacts with new HubSpot contact property changes". You'll find more information on how to get started with this here.

Alternatively, if you have the dev resources, you could link Intercom's API directly with Hubspot's API to do this.