Answered

How do I disable the Messenger in the Help Center?

• 15 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Customers appear as unidentified when contacting the support team while navigating the help center\reading an article in the Help center, how can I disable the chat option in the Help Center?

When customers enters our Help Center website they have the ability to contact the support team via the intercom chat button. The problem is that they will appear as unidentified in the inbox, leaving the support team unable to answer them (if not in real time). Is there any option to disable the Chat option in the Help Center?

icon

Best answer by Roy 16 October 2020, 08:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user354​ ,

>The problem is that they will appear as unidentified in the inbox

If a customer makes a log-in to your software/service, they will appear as a logged-in user in the help center too.

>leaving the support team unable to answer them (if not in real time)

Disabling Interom in the help center is a bad idea, My advice will be to ask visitors email address before they start a conversation, that will allow your support to answer conversations later.

requireemailTo do this go to Messenger -> Require an email for new conversations

Still, if you want to disable Intercom inside the Help center, here how you can do it:

restrichelpcenterMessenger -> Control your inbound conversation volume -> Show the Messenger launcher -> Visitors who match certain data -> "Add Data"

Current page URL contains: https://companysite.com 

*If you are using Intercom on several web-sites, you should add all of them here.

Let me know if you have any future questions in this case.