Answered

How do I populate lead information from a Facebook ad conversation?

• 15 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Is there a smart way to pull through users information,eg telephone, postcode etc from a Facebook conversation (ad). Leads that land in our inbox provide us with the key details we need but I cant edit any of the fields on the right hand side? any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Roy 17 October 2020, 05:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

@roy s11​, I believe you might have some knowledge about how to integrate Facebook ads with Intercom that might help @cameron f​?

I also have the same question. I'm not able to easily update additional details. For example, I would like to map the company name when I add the leads.

I had asked the same question on Intercom Messenger 5 days back. But, as usual the support on the Messenger is a black hole -- all your questions get sucked in and no answer ever comes out of it.

@roy s11 We are running Lead Generation ad campaigns on FB and we get contacts in CSV format from those campaigns. ​I'm looking to import name, email and map the company name.

Badge

@user662​ , Got it, You want to connect Facebook lead ads and Intercom.

Once someone submits lead ad send it to Intercom?

Badge

There several ways to connect Facebook lead and Intercom.

The first one is Zapier;

The second one is Automate.io;

In both platforms, Facebook lead integration appears premium feature (It's cost money).

Here instructions on how you can connect Facebook lead ads and Intercom via Automate.io.

1) Go to https://automate.io/integration/facebook-lead-ads/intercom

Find "Create or Update Lead in Intercom on a New Lead in Facebook Lead Ads"

Click "Try Now"

2) Then click "Connect", authorize the app and give permission to the page where the lead form is located.13) Now Authorize the Automate app to your Intercom account.34) In the next step, select Page and lead form45) Now you should match Facebook data to Intercom fields.

It's really easy, like - Phone to Phone; Name to Name; e-Mail to e-Mail; Custom field to Custom field and etc...

Created at = Created at (Lead creation time)7 

6) Once you finish matching, click "Next"

nexttt7) Now you should send some sample data to test integration.

Facebook have tool for this: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing/

108) Open Facebook Lead ad testing tool (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing/), select Page and form.

8Click, "Create Lead":

Badge

Image upload have some limited number here, second part:

9) Now you should back to automate tab and click "I'm done":

11Once you click "I'm done", you will get this result: 1310) Go to Intercom and check the new lead (it's should looks like this):

151611) Go back to automate and turn bot on:

Keep in mind: After the test results to use this service, you should take a free trial or select a paid plan.

@user662​ ​ Let me know if you have any questions or need the same instruction with Zapier.

@eric f11​ , Thanks for tagging, can we use it for common questions?

Userlevel 1

@roy s11​, thank you so much for going into such detail in your response!

@cameron f​ @user662​, I hope this helps! Let us know how it works out for you both 👍