Answered

How do I get past the "Preview the chat experience" step in the setup guide?

I just signed up, trying to learn how this system works but not able to go beyond " preview the chat experience", How do I go past the "Preview the chat experience"

icon

Best answer by Roy 17 October 2020, 09:11

View original

13 replies

Badge

Hi @naveen j​ , Do you want to see how your messenger will look like? 

I get it correctly?

messengerMore information can be found here:

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/178-customize-the-intercom-messenger-basics/p>

Ho Roy, Thanks for answering.

I have already seen how messenger will look like, but how do I go to next step ? This is not closing. I want to go to next step, which is "Send a reply from your Inbo" but after spending too much of time at " Preview the chat experience" I am not sure how to close this. There is no "next" or "complete" button in " Preview the chat experience "

Badge

I Don't get it @naveen j​ , Can you provide an screenshot? That's would be helpful.

Meantime, you can follow the Intercom on-boarding process by clicking the Intercom logo:

onborading

Hey @naveen j​ 👋

To be able to try out replying to customers through the Inbox, you would require a subscription to our Inbox product. I think that might be what's happening here in your case. 🙏 Does that sound right?

Hi Lisa

Thanks but No, I am NOT trying to do that, I am just trying to go past the "preview the chat experience" and that window does get closed. @lisa b11​ 

Badge

@naveen j​ , You are looking chat window testing experience? Like - Test how your chat will look like?

This is the URL for that: https://app.intercom.com/a/apps/YourIntercomAPPID/test-conversation

Can you confirm? is that what you are looking for?

Roy

Thanks again, I have already looked the chat window and testing experience, my questions is, how do I go "beyond that experience". It is NOT going to "next"

Userlevel 1

Hey @naveen j​, just jumping in here! I opened up the quick start guide and these were the steps I took to complete that section. I've recorded a GIF to show you how it appeared for me.

1. Click the "Continue" button, which opens a new window.
  2. In the new window, type any question into the Messenger and hit "Enter".
  3. Once you've sent your new message, click the "Close and continue" button (you may need to minimize the Messenger to find this).

Let me know if you get the same experience. If not, the best way for me to help you is if you can record a video or GIF of your experience, so that I can see how it differs from mine.

Screen Capture on 2020-10-21 at 16-38-00

Hi @eric f11​ 

Thanks for answering this.

I am not getting this third step you mentioned.

Please check the screenshot and video attached. https://www.dropbox.com/s/krhuo7r66kmu8f3/Screen%20Recording%202020-10-21%20at%209.27.23%20PM.mov?dl=0

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.23.27 PMScreen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.23.42 PMScreen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.23.42 PM

Userlevel 1

Apologies for the delay in my reply here, @naveen j​! I notice in your recording that you type two messages in quick succession - I know this might seem like an odd request, but can you try just sending one message to see if that makes any difference?

Alternatively, can you try this in an incognito/private window? It could be that a browser extension is interfering with our setup guide here.

Hi @eric f11​ 

I cancelled my paid plan as it was not making any sense to pay for the service without having to use any. Moreover, on technical support, I am just suppose to wait and resolve the issues on its own, rather than getting any actual support. So practically, series of incident are as follows

1) I paid for subscription

2) Found an issue and reported that (even provided the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/krhuo7r66kmu8f3 )

3) I was told to wait while tech support is "looking" into this.

4) For weeks passed, but issue not resolved.

5) I end up paying for nothing.

Since my plan is not expired, I do not have access to that "feature" anymore.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 3.20.59 PM

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your candour here, @naveen j​, and I'm sorry to hear that you've cancelled your subscription. I'm not sure if you were aware of this, but it's not necessary to complete the quick start guide to start using Intercom - you can navigate away from it at any time by clicking any of the icons on the left hand side of the screen in your screenshot.

Yes, I tried that too, but on many occassions I was asked to complete the steps. I do not remember where, but it surely did ask me.

I am not sure what to say here, but from my side, I collected enough reasons to depart, specially after the support experience.