Answered

The rules available for "when to proceed" don't allow me to target user segments.

• 19 October 2020
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Hello, I want to set rules based on user segment.

For example, as a scheduling app, if someone has not scheduled their first meeting, I want to direct them to a re-engagement email sequence. Otherwise, they can progress.

Here's my question: if I don't set any rules (because meetings are not associated with a URL or time on a page), can I use the "Who will proceed" section to target the user segment we to proceed, will that group progress? Additionally, will users who don't fit that parameter be considered "not matched" and proceed accordingly?

I've attached a screenshot demonstrating the concept.

icon

Best answer by Roy 20 October 2020, 06:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @ezra​ ,

Q - if I don't set any rules (because meetings are not associated with a URL or time on a page)

A - It's not mandatory to set-up "When to processed" rule, you can skip if you don't want this rule associated with any URL or time to page. 

Q - can I use the "Who will proceed" section to target the user segment we to proceed, will that group progress?

A - Of course, this is how the matching rule works (it will target new customers, who will match these rules).

Q - Additionally, will users who don't fit that parameter be considered "not matched" and proceed accordingly?

A - Yeap.

Thanks Roy, that's consistent with what I was seeing from the series tool as well. Appreciate you confirming!