Answered

I want to customize URL of the certain article or section

• 20 October 2020
  • 1 reply

• Connector
  • 6 replies

Hi! I have Help Center by Help Docs active on our website. We are ready to change Help Docs to Intercom. However, we have a large scale communication campaign active where we are directing our customers to certain help center article. We are going to move Intercom Help Center to the domain where Help Docs is located. Am I able to customize Intercom Help Center article URL´s to match the ones Help Docs are have right now? Or is my only option to automatically re-direct customers from certain URL´s to the new ones? Hopefully you get what is my use case and give you opinion to the matter 😅

icon

Best answer by Roy 21 October 2020, 05:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @pia​ ,

Q - Am I able to customize Intercom Help Center article URL´s to match the ones Help Docs are have right now?

A - Afraid currently it's no possible to customize article URL's in Intercom 😞 There already lot' of customers asking about this in forums, Hope Intercom add this feature soon. Meanwhile, you can post about this to @Product Wishlist​ Group.

Q - Or is my only option to automatically re-direct customers from certain URL´s to the new ones?

A - You can do it if these certain URL's are not the same as the help center URL. 

In Intercom, you should use the CNAME record to redirect your domain to the help center. 

Once you point help.domain.com to Intercom server, you can't set-up redirect for URL's. 

Like you can't redirect help.domain.com/billing to help.domain.com/intercomarticleURL.

+1 For collection and article URL customization, Hope someone from the Intercom product team will see this.