Answered

I can't get my PT to start....the preview works just fine. The url is correct, the site is correct but when I'm on that page no pop-up!

• 28 October 2020
  • 7 replies

• New Participant
  • 3 replies
I can't get my PT to start....the preview works just fine. The url is correct, the site is correct but when I'm on that page no pop-up!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 October 2020, 13:58

View original

7 replies

I had this same issue yesterday, but I was able to resolve it, hopefully this can work for you as well. Under Step 3 of the Product Tour where it asks you to enter to website, once I entered a '/' at the end of my site, the broken link issue was fixed and my PT works now!

Thank you! Can I clarify, when you say Step 3, do you mean the section 'Use your tour everywhere'?

Yes! I just added a '/' to the end of the link there in the 'Use Tour Everywhere' section and my PT started working when inserted into a message.

Thank you Green Poodle

I am still struggling to get the PT to show automatically, any thoughts?

Hi Zi!

Brian here from Intercom (I actually create a lot of our tours and run into this issue sometimes when testing)

This could be related to the the CSS selector used for step 2 of your tour.

If your tour looks like this:

Step 1: post

Step 2: pointer

Step 3: pointer... etc

If the CSS Selector for step 2 is broken/repeated elsewhere on the page - this can cause the tour not to appear, even though step 1 is fine.

So short answer - if you have a post as step 1 - its likely not the problem - check step 2, ensure the selector is unique - (you can also annotate the html to make pink selectors appear which makes tours a lot more robust) Check out this article towards the end.

Testing your tour

• Another way to narrow down whats actually happening here would be to change the second step to a completely different element, set the tour live and check if it triggers.
  • I would always recommend to test your tours by setting them live and targeting them at your own email, instead of using preview. (Preview is great but it's better to test them 'as live'.

Hope this helps.

Brian

@zi80​ Hope this helps!

It worked! It was the darn css bit, it’s all up and running now, thank you Brian 😊