Answered

Can I add multiple goals to a message?

• 29 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Message goals should be able to target segments or allow for the same filtering and/or options used to build segments. Limiting users to just one binary goal creates a lot of bad reporting for us. Has anyone found a way around this?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 2 November 2020, 13:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user276​ 👋 currently, it's only possible to set one binary goal for a message. Can you tell me about some of the goals you're hoping to set for your messages? While you may not be able to set the goal, there may be a workaround available to you using data attributes. Let me know more about what you're trying to achieve and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction!

Sure. One simple example for us would be tracking spenders. We use lots of custom attributes and in our case we have both monthly subscribers and users who make purchases. Unfortunately these are two separate attributes and when I have a message that is designed to convert users from free to paid, I need to be able to measure both types.

Other examples would be users that signed up after xyz date, that took xyz action, or viewed xyz tour. There are lots of combinations that would be good for goals.

Hey @Eric Fitz, what’s up! Is it possible now to add more than 1 goal to a product tour (or other outbound)?

I mean, I have 2 custom attributes and I’d like my product tour’s goals to be: attribute A or attribute B to have any value within 3 days.

Hope you see this message and answer it back.  

Cheers!

Userlevel 1

Hi @elias_pw! Still not something we support - it’s only possible to add one goal to a message or Tour!