Answered

I am having a problem with notifications since last month and no one answers me on the Intercom Help Chat

Hey, i need help because my notifications are not coming on the same time as the costumer says something, and it's been like this for like 4 weeks now. No one answers me on Intercom Helo Chat either, i've sent a lot of messages and no one replies.

icon

Best answer by Beth 3 November 2020, 17:28

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @user428​ ,

Let me try to help you here.

Can you be more specific? What kind of notification are you talking about? (New conversation or reply?) It's not coming where? (Desktop or Mobile app of Intercom?)

New conversations! Since 4 weeks ago, 90% of the new conversations are not notificating neither on WEB or Mobile (and i have Intercom web in 4 computers and 4 cellphones). The only way to see if there's a new conversation is by auto-reloading my page, and then, the conversation appears. The other 10% of the conversations are coming without issues, on the same time that the costumer sends it, but the majority of new conversation only appear on my intercom after 20 or 30 minutes after being sent, if i don't refresh the webpage ou refresh the mobile app by myself! This is happening since the beginning of October.

(Sorry for my english, i'm brazilian)

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user428​ ,

1. Which browser are you using when accessing Intercom from Desktop?

2. You are using Intercom mobile app?

3. Can you share a screenshot from Intercom notification settings?

Your account -> Notifications

Just for information, i use intercom on my service since 2018, and i never had these problems before.

1 - Google Chrome, on all computers, with Windows 10 on them.

2 - Yes, mobile app on 3 androids and 1 iPhone.

3 - OK, there it isCaptura de tela 2020-11-01 203749 

The strangest thing it's that doesn't happen with all notifications, that would imply some configuration mistake. It happens randomly, right now i sent a message as a costumer and the message didn't appear neither on mobile or web. 2 minutes later, another costumer sent a message and the message appeared as normal. And the other strange thing is that no one on the Intercom Help Chat answer me since last wednesday.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user428​ , Appears it's should be a custom bot or assignment rule problem.

Are you using custom bots?

No, i don't use custom bots. And i have only 1 operator.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user428​ , Do you see any difference in conversations with and without sound? Difference in assignment history

difference 

If you don't see any, the best way here will be to wait for someone from the Intercom team.

Where can i see this assignment history?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just open the conversations, then:

assign

Tested this right now, no difference with or without sound, the notification is not coming both on MOBILE and WEB, and the only way that i can see the costumer's message is by manually reloading the page.

Update: My costumers are not receiving notifications when i send answers to them, as well

Hi @user428​ 👋

It sounds like we'll need to help troubleshoot further. We are experiencing longer response times at present but working hard to get to customers as quickly as we can. If you've reached out via Messenger, someone will be assisting as soon as they are able.