• 3 November 2020
  • 4 replies

How can i customize "book a demo" app for users to make it - Book a tutorial

icon

Best answer by Roy 5 November 2020, 22:05

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

You could do it by making a bot that sends the book a demo app or another app that schedules tutorials (ie. Calendly).

Landon Bennett

Co-founder of Intercom apps: Userfeed & Bump

Your reply isn't clear to me, so explaining my question again -

I have included the "Book a Demo"App in the chat. We use Hubspot meetings to pick the date and time and schedule the meeting further.

Now here are my 2 problems - 

1st -  Is there a way that intercom pre-populate the email field on the hubspot meeting page from the previous screen of the intercom?

For Visitor - 

1) I have added book a demo app.

2) Book a demo app, ask to enter email and then ask to pick date and time. 

image3) It leads to our hubspot meeting page

image (1) 

4) Now intercom hasn't fetched the email id, a person has to again enter the email id.  Is there a way that intercom pre-populate the email field on the hubspot meeting page from the previous screen of the intercom?

image (2) 

2nd - For users (customers)

I want to tell users that they can schedule a tutorial with us (They already have gone through the product demo). Is there a way I can customize the text on the Book a demo app for users?

image (3)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @user431​ , No it's not customizable.

Here some workaround:

1. Content Showcase app - It's more customizable but URL opening in a new tab (Instead of the inside of the messenger) = (

2. Use Calendly Integration. This integration requires e-mail only once, you can integrate HubSpot and Calendly as well.

3. You can build your own app and transfer e-mail field - That requires development knowledge; More info can be found here

Hope this will be helpful. Meanwhile, you can request more customization feature in @Product Wishlist​ Group.

I've had the same gripe! $499 for the Advanced lead generation add-on just to be able to send "Get a Demo" on my Welcome Custom bot is robbery. I LOVE intercom, but this alone had made me consider an alternative.

I just used Calendly, which is so user friendly, and added a link to my final reply for trying to get people to Schedule a Demo.