Answered

Company's created_at is always unknown

• 4 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I wanted to get the date of a company first created and for some reason all of the companies' `created_at` date is set to unknown. According to docs its handled by Intercom: https://developers.intercom.com/intercom-api-reference/reference#company-model

So I started passing down an UNIX timestamp to `remote_created_at` and instead of `remote_created_at` `created_at` started working. I tested 3 times with and without `remote_created_at` and I can confirm that `created_at` was only working when I passed a timestamp to `remote_created_at`.

Can someone help me to understand what's going on here?

Thanks!

Update: I fetched company data using the API and noticed that `created_at` timestamp is in-fact present on the company data. Its just not properly appearing on the Intercom company dashboard? And if I set `remote_created_at` then only the `created_at` will show up but not `remote_created_at`. This is weird behavior :S

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 November 2020, 16:17

View original

4 replies

Hey @malith​ 👋

Thanks for reaching out here! I spoke with an engineer on the team and they'll need to dig a little deeper here to assist. Please reach out via our Messenger with the details you've shared here and a teammate would be happy to help. 😊

Thank you @beth​ . I will!

Sayam from the Support Engineering team here! 😄

The `remote_created_at` field in the API maps to the "Company created at" attribute in the Intercom web app.

The `created_at` field in the API is automatically set on our end as the timestamp when the Company was first seen in Intercom and is not writable. The `remote_created_at` field represents when the Company was first seen on your end which might be different from when the Company was first seen in Intercom. This field is writable and the timestamp provided for this field is what maps to the "Company created at" attribute in the Intercom web app! 👍

I am getting this issue. Intercom is correctly creating a new company when a user signs up from a new company, but 'Company created at' is 'Unknown'. According to your docs, this should be the date that intercom sees a new company. Why is this not working?

I need this company created at date for sending specific outbound message and email to the first user from a new company.