Answered

All visitors on our site are treated as the same visitorId and can see past visitor's messages. How can we fix this 🙏?

• 5 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello, I tried writing to support but no luck getting a reply for over a week 😔, so I hope I can get some help here.

Our problem is that we don't get the automatically generated names for the Visitors, but instead, all visitors on our site get the id and the name == "User Id". That means that all visitors, no matter who they are, what browser they are using, what country they are from... are treated as the same visitor and they can see all the messages from previous visitors 😬. This is quite blocking us at the moment, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated 🙏

For some more information, the data Intercom returns seems to be correct (user.id), but in Intercom that user gets the id = User Id. I tried deleting the visitor, changing the messanger settings and everything I can think of, but messanger for visitors is still not working and everyone can see everyone elses messages :(

image (4)image (3)

icon

Best answer by Roy 5 November 2020, 22:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user439​  and welcome to Interconnect.

Let me try to help you here.

It seems your developers incorrectly installed the Intercom code into your website.

To fix this, please simply put Intercom code for non-logged-in Users into your website.

To find correct Intercom code, go to Settings -> Installation -> Install chat for visitors.

Heya @roy s11​ , thanks so much for your help!

We installed Intercom following the instructions, and just pasted the script in the body. The messenger is working, the only problem is that all visitors get assigned the same id. Not sure where to look, as the only mention of intercom on the site is that script in the body that we copy pasted.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user439​ , Can you confirm that on your website, in the Intercom code there no "user_id" mentioned?

Please, Take a screenshot for Intercom code (That's placade on your website) and paste it here (Just hide the APP Id). I will take a look.

Hi @roy s11​ 

How to fix the Missing user hashes? I think this is my problem with the same username registered on chat.

Screenshot_2

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user688​ , User_Hashe built for security reason and if "Enforce identity verification" is not turned on that shouldn't be a problem.

Can you provide a bit more details about the problem? You are getting chats with the same user? May I know a domain to check this?

https://dev.skedaddlewildlife.com//p>

this one, I got 1 username for all visitor. named: gtm.load

BTW, successful deployment for the first domain (skedaddlelights.com)) and after I installed to the second domain I got an error.

Untitled