Answered

Is it possible to create an exclusions list?

• 12 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi,

We sent an email to 1300 users to sign up for a webinar. the places filled quickly (100) so we're running another. Is there a way to message the same group *excluding* the people who attended the 1st webinar?

I've found 2 options on how to proceed but can't see how this could work in Intercom.

Option 1 : the Intercom/Zoom integration. But that simply inserts a link to the webinar into the message right? It doesn't actually record who has registered?

Option 2: I've exported a CSV list of attendees but again, I don't see how to use this as an exclusion list in Intercom.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Roy 12 November 2020, 04:15

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @brad h​ , Welcome to Interconnect 👋

You should use the tagging features, tag users with - Webinar1; Webinar2 and etc.

During Sending you can exclude people by tag.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

On the right track but... the issue is determining out of the list, who attended which - 'who attended Webinar 1' ? That's in a seperate spreadsheet generated from Zoom.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@brad h​ , You can use Spreadsheet data to update users in Intercom (Bulk data update via CSV upload).

You can upload CSV and tag users who watched Webinar 1.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@brad h​ , Please take a look to this article - "Can I update user data with a CSV import?"

Userlevel 1
Badge

@brad h​ , If you want to I can record a simple video of how you can update and tag users via CSV.

Thanks Roy.

Q: I'm aware of csv import, however I'm concerned about importing extraneous data. eg: upon import, will it warn me about duplicates? And, I don't want to import 'new' data. Only matching existing users.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@brad h​ ,

Q: I'm aware of csv import, however I'm concerned about importing extraneous data. eg: upon import, will it warn me about duplicates? And, I don't want to import 'new' data. Only matching existing users.

A: I'm suggesting you download all your users from Intercom, then upload to a spreadsheet or use Excel and find duplicates.

There really good extension for a spreadsheet - https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/remove_duplicates/347814268012/p>

Use this tool, find duplicates, leave the data that you want to update and then use Intercom CSV update.

Whoa, yeah that's way too messy. Thanks anyway.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

If there is no connection between the users in Zoom and the users in Intercom (e.g. Intercom user ID, exact name match) then there is no way except manually tagging the attendees.

Userlevel 1

@brad h​ have you looked into using Zapier to link Intercom and Zoom? You can create a Zap so that every time there is a new registrant for one of your webinars, it automatically tags the corresponding user in Intercom 👍