Answered

Which bulk actions would you like in the Inbox?

• 20 November 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Connectors!

Our Inbox product team are looking for feedback on which bulk actions you'd like to be to do in the Inbox. So, let me know in the comments!

icon

Best answer by Roy 21 November 2020, 07:05

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 1

@Product Wishlist​ 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hmm... The first thing that I would like to have is to assign a conversation with a Person and team at the same time. 

Like it's working with a conversation:

conversation assignCurrently it's not possible with bulk action (Team member or team):

bulk assign

Userlevel 1
Badge

2. Update Conversation attributes in bulk

3. Merge 2 conversation from same User/lead/visitor

4. Responding to open multiple conversations with the same response - Sometimes when our service was down or there was a tech.issue, Agent needs to reply the same text to all conversation and it's taking too much time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

What @roy s11​ said 🙂

Especially 3 and 4 for me since I don't have access to Conversation Attributes 😥

I need some time to compile a list but I have mentioned some in one on one chats with the support team in my early days with using Intercom :)

Here's a few in no particular order:

1. Bulk tagging conversations
  2. Bulk processing while not flying blind -- i.e. right side panel accessible/useful to view the selected conversation (Think Gmail functionality).
  3. Bulk snooze? It seems you can only "close" or "assign" with the bulk features now. Dream upgrade: Bulk editing app integrations 🙂 So I could use Bump on a number of messages at once @user649​ 
  4. Roy's 4 above but just a note that this should include the Saved Reply or Saved Content functionality etc and variables 🙂 We have also had outages too @roy s11​  lol.

I will be back to add more but that's my starter list and Roy's list above -- happy to jump on a call to talk about these things too because there's a lot of nuance.

Badge +1

@nathan s11​ We should have you covered there soon. Building something to make triggering Bumps faster and letting you automate/do in bulk. We're also considering bringing in saved replies into Bumps too.

PS. We've got a new feature coming your way Monday that will allow you to customize your Bump sequences even more. Stay tuned.

Badge +3

Bulk Snooze and Respond -> in active conversations, responses to an outbound chat /post

Bulk Respond and Snooze -> volumes of conversations in inboxes, bulk update on wait times or on a critical incident status or similar

Bulk Response with App -> share a Typeform or similar, share a Calendly app, send a Product Tour

All of the above with the option to select a Saved Reply

Badge +1

Titho - If you're looking for these things, then you'll love Bump and a couple new features we're launching soon.

Landon Bennett

Co-founder of Intercom apps: Userfeed & Bump

Yes, definitely merging conversations would be cool! What we do right now is just close the duplicate and leave a note that it's duplicate. It's a nice to have but would be a great improvement!

Userlevel 2

I would like to bulk add users to a company. For example, search for *.mycorp.com will give me list of all users with domain mycorp. I then want to add them to the company 'MyCorp'.

An added bonus would be to automate this, ie if any new user signs up with domain mycorp.com in email address they get added to the company 'MyCorp'.

@roy s11​ I'm curious, could you give me an example for why you could want to bulk-apply conversation data attributes? Also, regarding bulk-replying - would you prefer to a) manually draft a reply and send it in bulk or b) use a saved reply and send it in bulk? Thanks a lot!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Alissa Tyrangiel​ Would love this bulk replying feature @roy s11​  mentioned, Ideally it would just work like the regular feature so we can use a saved reply and customize it. When you select a number of messages now there's a big panel on the right side that could be so useful to craft a reply AND use attributes so the info is tailored to the user.

Thanks @nathan s11​ , makes sense. Could you give me an example from your business of when you'd want to bulk reply + apply an attribute? A description of the use case would be super helpful. 🙏

Merge Conversations for sure. We need that!