Answered

Scratching My Head! Using Salesforce and Intercom for Opportunities: Best Practices or Workflow Examples?

• 26 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Right now we use Salesforce to manage our Opportunities. Opportunities are at an account record level, not a contact level (happy to modify it to contact level if I can get this to work). We use both SFDC and Intercom for our Customer Success Managers to manage customer opportunities.

There's two things I'd like to achieve

a. Ideally, with the Intercom and SFDC integration, I'd like to create segments of Opportunities in Intercom and send them targeted messages and campaigns in Intercom based on their pipeline stage in SFDC (prospecting, qualified, etc).

b. I would also like to create further defined segments of all Opportunities in Intercom based on their activity. So for example, I could view all my Opps in Intercom, sort/filter by web sessions, events they've done. If they reached x criteria based on product usage I could quickly update them in Intercom from prospecting to qualified, which would push back to SFDC and update the opportunity pipeline stage.

Hope that is clear 🙂 Any insight is much appreciated. 😀 🙏

icon

Best answer by Brian K11 30 November 2020, 22:26

View original

2 replies

Hey @louise s​ ,

As far as Intercom and SFDC integration goes, one product to look into is SeekWell. It's a tool that gives you direct access to SFDC as a data source, and the ability to directly update Intercom with that SFDC data. If your Intercom data is housed in a data warehouse, you can also update Salesforce with Intercom data (say, changing them from prospect to qualified) and write custom logic in SQL to define what to update (reached x criteria -> qualified). Finally you can schedule any updates to run automatically (e.g. at daily, hourly, or even five minute intervals) so you don't even have to think about it. The docs here have more info on getting started.

I can agree with @brian k11​ on the fact that using a third-party tool to integrate Salesforce and Intercom may be a solution to what you are looking for. Although I am not sure if the segmentation, especially how you want it to be based on lead stages, is possible inside Intercom. I know it's possible in Salesforce and if you are connecting Salesforce and Intercom using any no-code integration tools, you will ideally get access to a properly segmented pipeline that you can use to send out targeted campaigns.

I am interested to know if it works and if you faced any other road blockers.

Cheers.