Answered

How can I send my newsletter from a specific address without inviting another teammate?

• 26 November 2020
  • 9 replies

We use the intercom email to manage our Inbox. However, we are wondering how can we send the newsletter, from a specific email address, without changing all the workspace settings?

TO manage our inbox, we use the intercom email extension.

However, we want to use a specific email for newsletters. We can´t find the option, without changing the settings for all team.

Of course, we want this specific email with photo. We are trying to avoid the Promotion tab in gmail.

Thanks!!!!

icon

Best answer by Roy 27 November 2020, 23:53

View original

9 replies

Badge

Hello @jazmin j​ , To send an e-mail from a custom address, you should add a custom address to your Intercom workspace. 

To do this:

Intercom -> Settings -> Outbound -> Addresses & domains -> "Add custom address"

Once you add custom e-mail address, you can send e-mails from: Marketing@Company.com; Deals@Company.com; Promotion@company.com and etc...

Badge

Here more information about this topic (Option 2: Use a custom email address).

how can I change the profile picture of a specific custom address? Because right it is like this:

Captura de Pantalla 2020-11-30 a la(s) 15.18.45

Badge

@jazmin j​ , That's a good question, you can't change the profile picture here, why do you want to change the profile picture? Can you describe your use case?

Sure! because we want to use a custom address to send our newsletter. However, our emails are labeled in the gmail promotion tag, we assume in part because it has no picture. Our users are receiving our email with no picture, it looks very unpro

Badge

Got your case @jazmin j​ , You are using Google Workspace?

In this case you should create one e-mail account for "soporte@yourdomain.com", set-up forwarding rule to Intercom and then upload some profile picture.

When you are sending emails to your customers, they actually see pictures of your teammates from Google Workspace not from the Intercom. In this workaround, you are creating a new email user, uploading a picture, and sending emails from Intercom.

Keep in mind that such user will cost 1 extra license in Google Workspace.

Let me know if this helps, have a lovely day 😎

Hello! I also use custom email addresses, however, those emails are not on Google Workspace but on Yandex with profile pictures set. Is it possible for you to add alternative email providers so that our custom emails are sent with proper profile pictures instead of gray silhouettes?

Another option/workaround would be the possibility to customize profile pictures of custom addresses.

We already can edit the names of custom addresses, so why not profile pictures?

Thanks in advance,

Badge

Hello @user875​ 👋, I'm familiar with Yandex business e-mail, good choice.

>Is it possible for you to add alternative email providers so that our custom emails are sent with proper profile pictures instead of gray silhouettes?

Actually, it depends on an e-mail service provider, not on Intercom. If you send an e-mail from Yandex to Yandex the profile picture will appear there. It's a bad idea to add an alternative e-mail provider, in this case, you should pay twice.

>We already can edit the names of custom addresses, so why not profile pictures?

As I mentioned, it does not depend on the Intercom.

I hope this will be helpful 🦄