Answered

Can I send messages from customers (Webflow Forms) via Intercom through Zapier?

• 1 December 2020
  • 7 replies

The Intercom <> Zapier integration allows sending messages as a User, but (possibly) not as a Lead.

We have a Webflow form that sends messages via Zapier to Intercom, but we're getting a "User not found with this email".

The steps I took are:

• Gather Webflow form info as a trigger
  • Create a Lead in Itercom
  • Send message from the form via that Lead

end

I tried replacing Lead with User and it still returns an error. I tried adding a 5 minute pause in case the user creation didn't propagate in time and it didn't work.

Not fully expecting Intecom to be able to help with what's very likely a 3rd party issue, but Zapier wasn't able to help so perhaps there's another user who figured this out in the past.

icon

Best answer by Roy 3 December 2020, 01:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @alberto r​ 👋 , To get you correctly, you want to send a follow-up message to users once they submit the form or you want to create an incoming message from the name of this user?

Thanks for jumping in @roy s11​ !

The latter. I want to be able to answer form submissions via Intercom. That way we wouldn't have to split follow-up email templates between intercom and other services.

Users/Leads are being created correctly, but the messages are only coming through in test mode. When we set up the Zap to run on its own the error emerges.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @alberto r​ 👋 , Sorry for the late response 😓 , just now found a time to test a Zapier Integration (Webflow -> Intercom). 

You are absolutely right, there is a bug in Zapier, hope someone from the Intercom team will catch this feedback. In the meantime recommending use https://www.integromat.com, I tested it for you, appears it's working perfectly:

IntegromatHere's the conversation, created from Webflow form:

Integromat1 

💬 Let me know if you need any help with Integromat Set-up okay? I can record a video for you, how to set-up this integration with Integromat.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

🚨 Let's ask help from the creator of Interconnect and Community Manager @eric f11​.

Zapier definitely has a problem working with Intercom.

Userlevel 1

Hey @alberto r​ @roy s11​ - if there's a bug in Zapier that's preventing it from linking a tool correctly with Intercom, I'd suggest flagging that with Zapier directly 👍

Nice to see Integromat here! I used to lead growth there so happy to answer any Integromat questions one might have!

Intercom integrates very smoothly into the Webflow projects, and that will help you to to capture and convert the leads into customers using real-time chat.

We used no code platforms like automate.io where we connected Intercom and webflow projects ..The best thing is that you can add a note to the conversation on your intercom whenever a new order in Webflow is added.

You need to create bots and then configure the workflows by mapping the data fields. Once that is done the bots will start updating the data.