Answered

Collaboration with other team members on Series

• 2 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hey all,

Just o raise a suggestion I have - we're struggling on how to share and collaborate with other team members on series.

I think it could be nice to add comments and notes there so it will be easy for us to manage all the communication around that and for other to understand the series flow.

Would be happy to hear how you managed that today with your team?

Thanks.

Yakir

icon

Best answer by User677 2 December 2020, 18:49

View original

5 replies

It's an imperfect solution, but since you can title each step - you can make that a description of what the purpose of that step is. Still does not allow communication about changes - but it would at least inform someone new to the Series.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @yakir​ 👋 , I'm suggesting you assign the owner to Series, if a company too big different Series can have different owners.

One incorrect action with running Series can send incorrect messages to users. That's why I'm not suggesting give different teams permissions to edit Series.

The ability to add notes will definitely make it easier for others to understand what's going on with series. However, until that is available, I highly recommend using a diagramming tool such as Miro to replicate your series and add all the necessary info. I have done this and will be happy to share a template if anyone is interested.

One other piece of advice is to keep your Series simple. It's not ideal to create complex workflows with too many paths and blocks just because Intercom allows one to do so. It's best to create multiple Series rather than a large one with tons of blocks.

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing this feedback! We're actually planning to work on this pretty soon, so this thread comes at a good time 🙂.

Just saw this update today and it made me think of this conversation! https://www.intercom.com/changes/en/collaborate-with-teammates-or-leave-notes-for-yourself-directly-in-series-/p>