Answered

Can you populate attributes from event data?

Badge +1

We'd like to start assigning each lead a status of "warm" or "cool" based on triggers such as "Clicked a link in the last 7 days" and "Opened email" etc.

I'd like this to then populate as an attribute for each user (as shown in the screenshot), and show up in the qualification menu. Is this possible? I can't find anywhere to set it up if so. We could tag them but I'd like this status to be real time and update e.g. if they've been tagged as Cool, but then click a link, they will be tagged as both Warm and Cool which isn't super helpful.

icon

Best answer by Roy 3 December 2020, 17:15

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @jessica w11​ 🏀, Yes, it's possible.

Here's the video instruction, how you can do it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y3NlnPJ8y33YydM0FRp1-JSRiIWFlt3H/view

Hope this will be helpful, have a lovely day 😇

Badge +1

That's great thank you! Is there any way that attribute can automatically populate when someone for instance clicks a link in an email? Rather than us having to manually assign?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@jessica w11​ 🏀, In this case, you need some development skills to update users via API. 

In an easier way - possible to tag such users if you build Series (that's much easier and can be done from Intercom).

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can also suggest a feature, that allows you to update attributes from Series. To suggest, you should post it in @Product Wishlist​ Group.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@jessica w11​ , I Just now found a solution for you 😃

You can use Zapier integration: once a new tag added to the user -> You can update custom attribute via Zapier. 

The flow will be: Tag added from series to user who saw the email -> Zapier catches the tag -> Updates custom attribute.

If you need more information, I can record a video instruction for that too. Just let me know 😎 🍻

Badge +1

amazing I have Zapier! If it isn't too much trouble and you have a moment to send me a quick video on it that would be so so helpful! Thank you so much!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @jessica w11​ 👋 , As I promised, sending you 2 part of tutorials.

Part 1 - Creating a series, once the 7 days pass after last open e-mail, lead gets tag Zapirtest (Use can customize this later on your needs).

Part 2 - Creating a Zap, lead get's tag in Intercom - > Update lead information in Intercom.

As a result, a custom attribute was updated successfully:Usercustomattirubte💬 Just let me know if there still questions left, happy to help.

Just wanted to chime in and let you know that you can also achieve this quite easily using Integromat -- they have a deeper integration with Intercom and Integromat offers a ton of additional capability compared to Zapier. Here's a full list of Intercom modules.

Badge +1

This is SO brilliant - it worked!! Thank you so, so much for being so helpful!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@jessica w11​ , Always happy to help Interconnect members 🙈 .