Answered

Why does Intercom handle former employees stats so poorly?

• 4 December 2020
  • 4 replies

• Connector
  • 5 replies

It bugs me enormously why we can't just have employee@wherever.com (deactivated) instead of having them disappear once and for all on Intercom. I can't retrieve my Support team's stats correctly from last month because I removed someone who left the company.

Intercom's answer was to change their email and password and leave it there, paying their seat monthly to have access to their information.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

icon

Best answer by Roy 8 December 2020, 04:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @ugo​ , Never had an issue with deleting past employees with Intercom.

What kind of statistics got lost? can you share with us more details? it's a really interesting case.

Q - Intercom's answer was to change their email and password and leave it there, paying their seat monthly to have access to their information.

A - Intercom offering a free user, just revoke the Inbox seat.

More information about the Intercom seat, can be found here.

Hey, Roy

I can start with a very simple case:

(example): Jack worked with us from April 2020 to July 2020. He then quit the company.

If I remove him from Intercom, I can't access his stats directly. I'm not even sure if his stats get reassigned to who his conversations were reassigned to or if they just get hidden from the averages.

If I remove him from Intercom, when I look for the June 2020 report, it won't show his name anymore. So if I'm showing someone these reports, I have to note that "hey, there was also another guy who is not here anymore and hence his stats are not accounted for in this report".

Does it make sense?

For me, I don't see why we can't have in the June 2020 report something like:

Jack (deactivated): x tickets answered.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ugo​ , Yes thanks for clarifying, you should request this feature in @Product Wishlist​ Group for sure. Meantime you can just change the password, disable the e-mail account and remove a user from the Inbox seat. In this way, you can access reports and don't pay Inbox seat cost.

I agree with you, it will be nice to see the reports of the past employees. That's why you should request this as a feature request.

Hope my workaround helps you a little until Intercom implements a new feature. 

Yeah, that's a crappy solution unfortunately. Thanks for the input.