Answered

Is there a way to keep a teammate assigned when changing inboxes?

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

We have a tech team that (currently) does not respond to clients but still need the ticket in their inbox so the ticket has to go to the tech team then back to the original assignee but when it switches teams is removes the assignee. Is there a setting I'm missing or a workaround? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Roy 9 December 2020, 04:21

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hi @calvin h​ , I don't get your question, can you clarify it for me please?

You are getting the conversation to Support, forwarding it to Tech.Team and once trying to forward it back Intercom clears assign list?

I get it correctly?

@roy s11​ 

The conversation is assigned to myself/teammate in the support inbox. We determine it to be a technical issue that needs to be adjusted on the backend of the program, so we assign it to the the tech teams inbox, they then fix the issue and reassign it back to the support team to follow up. When switching between teams it removes the original teammate assigned and I am looking for a way to keep the original assignee throughout the whole process, so they can close the ticket.

Badge

@calvin h​ , in Intercom, the conversation can be assigned to only one team member or one team.

Once the tech.team resolves the issue they should note to a teammate or assign conversation back to support/person.