Answered

Is there a way to add a 'no images?' link to a custom HTML email template?

• 7 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to add a 'no images?' link to a custom HTML email template?
icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 8 December 2020, 10:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@simon h11โ€‹ย  What exactly do you mean "no images?" link? And where should that link lead to?

So we're sending an email newsletter, and would like there to be a link at the top of the template saying "No images? View here" or "Images not working - view a web version here".

ย 

The link would then go to a web version of the email, to be viewed in a browser.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@simon h11โ€‹ย And I guess you want all of your newsletters to still be available online afterwards so the link would have to be dynamic. This would require some kind of javascript (maybe?) which I don't think is possible.

As a workaround you could show only the most recent newsletter on a static URL. That can easily be linked in the template

Ok so that would be taking all the HTML, hosting it on a page somewhere and adding the link in? Seems baffling that this kind of functionality doesn't already exist in Intercom - surely a standard feature you'd expect in email marketing tools

Userlevel 1
Badge

@simon h11โ€‹ย , Yeap, I agree with you, That's why you should request this to @Product Wishlistโ€‹ย Group. This is something that most of the e-mail marketing tools are supporting. My +1 for this feature.