Answered

Is it possible to hide the button on Mobile Carousels?

• 7 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

There currently aren't any design options without a button for mobile carousels and I'm not finding an easy way to delete the button.

Are there any workarounds for this?

icon

Best answer by Roy 8 December 2020, 01:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @autumn​ 👋, Hope you are doing well. Currently, it's not possible to hide the button on mobile carousels, you can request this feature in @Product Wishlist​ ​ group. In the meantime, I'm suggesting to use the following workaround: 

You can clear the button text, change the button color to white. After that button will be unnoticed by users.

Here the video instruction I made for you - Tutorial on how to hide buttons, hope this will be helpful.

HideTheButtonMy personal +1 for hiding the button in mobile carousels, hope the Intercom product team will catch this feedback.

💬 Let me know if you have any other questions, Have a lovely day.

Userlevel 1

Hey @autumn​, to tag on to Roy's post (and because this is always the first thing PMs ask about customer feedback!), can you tell me a little more about your use case here? In which scenario would you be looking to send a carousel without a button?

Badge +1

Thanks, @roy s11​! I actually ended up discovering this as an option yesterday afternoon. Great workaround.

Badge +1

Definitely, @eric f11​! We partner with certain organizations and want to display a friendly welcome message as soon as their customers log into our app. Because these users may not be super familiar with our product yet, just the partner opting to use our service, we want this welcome message to be partner-branded with their logo, colors, and a custom message. This affirms that we are a trusted partner and that the user can feel comfortable using our product.

For cases like this, where there may not be a Get Started action, just a takeover welcome message, we wouldn't want to show a button.

I hope this makes sense. 😃

Userlevel 1

That makes a ton of sense! Out of curiosity, what would be the benefit of a mobile carousel for you here over a post message?

Badge +1

Great question! We wouldn't want the sending author to appear as this is more of a broader welcome message. We also like the ability to change the background color in mobile carousels to fit the partner's branding for this one message.

Posts also present the challenge (for this specific scenario) of needing to include a reply type.

Userlevel 1

Awesome - figured it had to do with customisation options, but wanted to be 100% certain. Thanks so much for elaborating on those points for me, @autumn​!