Answered

Is there a way to add a conversation to the inbox not through messenger?

• 8 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I am currently setting up our intercom system and e have a lot of old school folks that prefer to call even though most calls can be answered in a quick message or email. I am looking for a way to add a conversation to the inbox from an outside source? (IE phone call to our helpline, customer emails support directly)

icon

Best answer by Roy 9 December 2020, 04:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @calvin h​ ,

1. Customer support e-mails - You can forward your e-mail to Intercom, all messages will go to Intercom.

For set-up, please read the following article.

2. Social Media Channels - You can integrate your social media channels (Facebook, Twitter) to Intercom.

More information here.

3. About Phone support, can you share more details about which call center provider/software are you currently using?

Intercom have some integrations with AirCall, CloudTalk, Toky, JustCall (Once a new call will be come to the Call center, this integrations creating a new conversation in Intercom).

4. Using API - With API, you can integrate and create a conversation from any kind of source.

💬 Let me know if you have more questions, Happy to help

@roy s11​ Thank for the info! We are currently using Ring Central but may have to make the move to a different call system.

What kind of API's do you recommend for this task?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@calvin h​ , Personally I'm recommending to move to Toky or CloudTalk.

They have direct integration with Intercom, so no API needed.

@roy s11​ Thanks! I'll look into those two.