Answered

Is it possible to have personal apps?

• 10 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi i am building an app which is done for my single client, having specific needs solely applicable to that client. Is it possible to add my app to that client only without publishing it in public ?

icon

Best answer by Roy 10 December 2020, 08:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @rajabdeen​ , In Intercom, it's called a private app. More information about a private app can be found here (Under What’s the difference between a public and private app?).

"A private app is an app you’ve created for just your team to use in conjunction with your own product. It won’t be listed on the Intercom app store."

Badge +1

@roy s11​ Thanks for quick response. Its clear about private app and the difference. But the question is, do we need to take OAuth? Do we need to publish it? How to make it available to that specific client only? Any docs available?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@rajabdeen​ ,

Q - do we need to take OAuth?

A - OAuth needed when you are working with other people's Intercom data.

Please, read the following article for more info.

Q - Do we need to publish it?

A - If it's a private app, you don't need to publish it in Intercom AppStore.

Q - How to make it available to that specific client only? Any docs available?

A - Once you will create an app, you can install it to your own workspaces from the Developer hub. More information on that here.

Hope this will be helpful, Have a lovely day.

Badge +1

@roy s11​  Wow, u r straight to the point. But my third question,, i have developped the app in my development environment. How can i make it available to that specific client workspace? Ahh, just by specifying the webhook URLs?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@rajabdeen​ , Once you get access to that workspace you will see it in the Developers hub. If you are a software development company and you don't have access to customer workspace:

You should allow installation from your own product or website (without publishing the app to the AppStore) - More information here. In this case, the OAuth authorization needed.

All this information is written in the article that I provided to you.