Answered

What integration is required for product tours?

• 15 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this, but I've stepped into our Intercom usage after the Marketing team had already integrated to use Intercom's in-app popups for marketing messages.

Throughout different ownership and passing this product around, we're not really sure what had been done integration wise. But, it is my understanding that the messenger code must be installed to have product tours work properly.

I'm looking at integrating this by the end of January, and when doing an initial proof of concept, I'm getting some weird messages that parts of our application can't be accessed through the preview tool, which makes me think we never fully integrated with Intercom since we're using different use cases outside of the support messaging functionality.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not really sure where to go internally, as it doesn't seem like anyone knows!

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Roy 16 December 2020, 07:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @leah l11​ , Let me try to help you here.

1. Are you building a product tour for logged-in users? Please, make sure Intercom is Installed for logged in users. More info

2. Is some part of your app loaded via an iframe? In this case, it will not show in preview mode.

There is an article where all common problems are discussed - Take a look

If you provide screenshots, that way will be much easier to understand your issue.

Hope this will be helpful.

Hey! Thanks for the response.

So the issue is, we've already integrated with Intercom before I started working with Intercom, but I don't know to what level. We don't use intercom for support chat, and the only in-application thing that's displayed is the in-application popups. When I ask around internally what kind of integration we did, nobody really knows and just said engineering helped them install code at some point. This isn't super helpful at all and I think could be a part of the problem as to why tours aren't working in some places. I'm going to work on building them out in some places over the next few weeks, so I could drop screenshots here then!

Thank you!