Answered

Where can I set the preview image for my knowledge base that shows up as META info for posting on social media?

• 18 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Where can I set the preview image for my knowledge base that shows up as META info for posting on social media?
icon

Best answer by Roy 19 December 2020, 07:26

View original

4 replies

Badge

Hello @jeff n​ , Currently, Intercom doesn't have any special option to upload custom open graph images. Usually, Facebook always grubs the first image of the article as a preview image, so you can just put the main image on top of the article.

👉If this not helps, there is a service http://piar.io/ - That allows you to create a shortened URL with a custom Title, Image, statistics.

💡 I'm suggesting to submit this feature request to @Product Wishlist​ Group, Intercom should add this option in the future.

🎄 Wishing you happy holidays, 💬 if you have any further questions just let me know.

Badge

@jeff n​ , Please, don't forget to use Facebook debugger tools to update cached images and get new META tags.

This not “Solved.”  It very much isn’t working, and I want to upvote this idea. Just because Intercom gave a outside Intercom solution does not resolve the issue at hand here, which is that Intercom does not let us set a feature image for social sharing.  The Preview of a link looks amazing in FB, but when you post it, the image is gone. SO frustrating.  

USER REQUEST:  Please let us choose a feature image from intercom that will work with Meta (Facebook) / META (information), like a blog post. 

This hasn’t been solved in the last two years. As reported earlier by Lauren, this is an issue for sharing on Meta and having a workaround with a 3rd party tool isn’t an option for us due to security. 
Can you please suggest when this may be available?