Answered

Can you report on the number of conversations linked to Jira tickets?

• 28 December 2020
  • 6 replies

We utilize the Jira/Intercom integration to connect our Development team with our Customer Service inquiries. We'd like to see how many conversations are linked to a certain Jira ticket or even just linked to tickets in general. Has anyone found a simple way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Roy 29 December 2020, 14:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @stockton​ , There are two integrations with Jira<>Intercom - Intercom for Jira Cloud and Jira Cloud for Intercom.

If you want to see conversions linked to a Jira Issue, you should install Intercom for Jira.

For more information, please take a look at this article.

Hope this helps, Let me know if you have any further questions.

🎅 Wishing you a very Happy New Year

Hi Roy,

We have these integrations already. The problem we face is that we want to see how many conversations are linked to a specific Jira ticket. We'd like something like a report or a dashboard that might show "Conversations linked to Jira CS-1234" and then displays the number of conversations associated with that ticket. Even if it's something we could export daily. Anything at this point.

We prioritize the development of Tickets with several conversations linked to a Jira ticket over a ticket with just a couple of conversations that are linked. Any sort of reporting function described above would help us prioritize what is most important.

I'm just curious to see if anyone out there has had a similar problem and found a solution.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@stockton​ , We have such a filter in our Jira Cloud, is it what you are looking for?

Jira

Yes, that would accomplish what I'm looking for. I didn't even know that existed! Thank you Roy!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@stockton​ , Always happy to help, here's the small instruction on how you can display this column:Issue navigator - JiraWishing you a very Happy New Year 🎅‍🎄

For future reference: You can find the docs on how to add this and other Jira fields here: https://docs.toolsplus.io/atlassian-cloud/intercom-for-jira/guides/jira-users/searching-and-reporting#configuring-jira-issue-fields

You can find more details on the various searching and reporting options here: https://docs.toolsplus.io/atlassian-cloud/intercom-for-jira/guides/jira-users/searching-and-reporting