Answered

For the Hubspot integration, what does it mean when a user "submitted the Intercom Messenger" form?

• 6 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

We use Hubspot as our CRM and have integrated it with our Intercom account. We have automatic content creation enabled and have allowed Intercom to access our Hubspot tracking cookie.

We are noticing in Hubspot that Intercom is logging an event to the contact record – [Contact Name] submitted Intercom Messenger. Intercom Messenger is a form...we didn't create this form and the contact didn't submit a message in the Intercom messenger. In addition, under this we see the message, "no properties added." What does this message mean? The contact was already created in Hubspot because they performed an action on our website. So, it isn't until they login to our application that they are registered in Intercom...is this message just a sync notification that they are now in Intercom?

Any help is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Autumn 29 January 2021, 19:46

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @autumn​! I suspect this is a default value for leads that are passed to HubSpot after starting a conversation in the Messenger, but I'll double check this for you.

Badge +1

Thanks, Eric! I actually reached out to support a day after posting this, still waiting to hear back.

However, most of the users that have this associated with their Hubspot profile haven't started a conversation in Messenger. From initial research, I'm wondering if this is happening because the contact is being recorded in Hubspot first when they perform a specific action on our website (view a page, complete a landing page form, etc). When they finally login to our product, that's when they register in Intercom and I believe that odd "form submission" is Intercom's way of syncing the data across apps? Just a guess, though!

Userlevel 1

Hey @autumn​, I see from your chat with our Support team that they flagged that this may have been due to a configuration on you and your team's part. Were you able to get to the bottom of this?

Badge +1

I did! Thanks for circling back, @eric f11​.

Userlevel 1

Awesome! Can I ask you what the cause/solution was, if that's OK? Just so we can share the solution for any Connectors who might experience a similar issue in future.

Was there any followup to this?

Userlevel 1

Hey @aaron b11​, this was an issue on @autumn​ and their team's part, they'd be best placed to advise you!

Hi @autumn​ Thanks for raising this question - my team is also having a similar issue and we are having trouble understanding it's purpose. Do you mind shining some light on what in your team's setup led to the creation of this form? Did you find out the purpose of this form? Thank you in advance!

@autumn​  Hi! Would love to hear what was the problem... I'm having the same issue :(