Answered

What is considered as a good Resolution bot coverage rate?

• 7 January 2021
  • 6 replies

What is considered as a good Resolution bot coverage rate?
icon

Best answer by Titho 28 January 2021, 13:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @knowledge​ , Accrodnigly to Intercom, a well-trained resolution bot should resolve approximately 33% of incoming conversations.

33Source.

Hey @roy s11​ thanks for your reply. I think, however you are referring to a Resolution rate (Percentage of Resolution Bot conversations that were automatically resolved, without the need for input from a teammate.), which's a bit different metric.

And I am referring to Conversation Coverage rate (Number of conversations in which Resolution Bot delivered at least one answer)

Userlevel 1

@kevin b​ @craig​, both of you have extensive experience in using Resolution Bot, perhaps you could advise @knowledge​ here?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@knowledge​ Not sure if I understand you correctly, do you mean how many of your incoming messages should be handled by the bot?

I think this is up to you, you could go with 100% coverage.

Feel free to give some more input, I'll do my best to answer

Thank you for your reply Kevin and Eric. I have followed Intercom's definition that suggests the number of conversations in which Resolution Bot delivered at least one answer, meaning used existing article. Just to clarify we are not talking about the Custom bot, but Resolution bot, that assists in the end of user journey when Custom bot could not help. We will surely aim higher, but was wondering what is the industry benchmark.

Badge +3

Late to add value here but I am looking to match Resolution Rate and Coverage as the same value with less focus on resolution rate and more on coverage. You cannot resolve, what you cannot answer

Target 33% coverage rate (to start) with eventual target of > 50%

So I want a third of all conversations to prompt for a bot answer, and then have the same metric to start in closing said conversation.

What we have seen is very very poor coverage for any bots answers that have less than 15-20 answers trained - as we get closer to 30 we have seen coverage increase steadily from low sub 10% to around 30% coverage.

Additionally, you have to have a strong engagement with customers to teach them how to frame their issues, how to ask questions and keep things concise - the bots do not do well with large paragraphs of text versus just typing in what is needed. We have had some success in introducing the bot, providing examples and educating customers that they do not always have to wait for a human (but we have humans if needed).

Hope that helps.