Answered

Ticket (off-line) and Intercom

• 7 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello, community. As far as I know, the Intercom supports only dialogue-like communications with the users. Some support team members even told me smth like "we don't believe in off-line tickets".

However, in some situations, the only way to resolve the case properly is to move it from the "on-line chat" field into the off-line. So the whole resolution process would be not as messy as chat can be due to the user's approach to the on-line conversations.

What would be the best way to create an option to move the situation to the offline field?

Perhaps the intercom has some internal solutions or the community could recommend some additional solution that would integrate with the intercom?

Some points that are important

- the ticked is linked to the user in the intercom (agent can reach the ticked from the intercom and vice versa)

- The answer to the ticked can be performed not from a single agent, but from the Tech Team, Financial Team etc

- Tickets should have auto-responses (inform users that the ticked N is created, the time of response etc).

Thank you for all your advices

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 9 June 2022, 16:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey there! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

As you mentioned, ticketing isn't something that we offer at the moment as issues are generally linked with conversations. Currently, we don't have a way to move conversations offline, though you could use our Retrieve a conversation endpoint to return a conversation model and save it, and then immediately trigger the Create a message endpoint to inform the user the "ticket" has been created. I know it's not quite what you were looking for as it's not actively tracking anything, but it could be something to use if you're interested in building a custom solution.

Aside from this, the best option I can give is to check out our App Store to see if you would like to integrate a ticketing tool with Intercom. We have some good options on there that might fit your use case!

Hope this was helpful! 😁