Answered

Verify the e-mail address of a new subscriber

• 13 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hey,

we are currently considering to implement all our automated emails in Intercom. Among others, there are for example emails to our new subscribers, that vary in their links, like an e-mail verification or sent login-data. How can I implement that into a Intercom series?

All the best,

Leo

icon

Best answer by Roy 14 January 2021, 02:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Leo (@leonard s​), Hope you are doing well. Let's discuss your topic step by step Okay?

Q - Verify the e-mail address of a new subscriber

A - You want to send an e-mail to the subscribers after the e-mail verification? Is this correct?

Intercom doesn't support e-mail verification service, but there some workarounds:

- You can create a Thank you page, like https://example.com/thankyou (Where subscribes goes after they click verification e-mail).

- Create a new e-mail in Series:

button-link- Then assign Verification tag once the users click on this link:

Button-Tag- The whole series should look like this:

Button-Last- After that, you can select Verification tag owners during e-mail sending:

SendingTagDon't forget that you can also request a subscribe verification feature in @Product Wishlist​ Group.

Q - or sent login-data

A - I don't think that sending login details via Intercom is a good choice. Login details should be sent by mail provider, such way easier and secure.

What kind of login information are you planning to send via Intercom? Why it's mandatory to send this via Intercom?

I hope this will be helpful Leo, let me know if you have any questions always happy to help.

Thank you very much. I gives me an idea how it could work.

Just to summarise, you would recommend to have some specific emails running through the mail provider and the rest which gives some communication, through Intercom. Then I am just a bit worried that those two systems are not synced well. Do you have an idea also for that, how to make them dependent from each other?

Userlevel 1

Hey @leonard s​, I just wanted to hop in and provide some extra context from the perspective of an Intercom employee.

We actually recommend that you use an external service to verify email addresses through double opt-in before you use Intercom to send them emails, as outlined in our email sending guidelines.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@leonard s​ ,

Q - Then I am just a bit worried that those two systems are not synced well. 

A - Why these two system needs to be synced? You can use Intercom for Marketing purposes, e-mail automatization, and a lot's more...

For Account Activation; Password sending; Password reset - You should use your own Mail server or some provider to manage this.

As mentioned before such a way more secure.

Q - Do you have an idea also for that, how to make them dependent from each other?

A - How are you currently sending Welcome and password reset e-mails? You can use Google Workspace SMTP or some Service provider.

One more thing, Auth0 is a good solution to add authentication and authorization services to your applications.

You can implement Auth0 into your application, this app will send welcome/password reset e-mails and also helps you implement a secure authorization process.

I hope this will be helpful, have a great day.

@roy s11​ @eric f11​ 

Thank you both for your input. We send our mail currently through an email provider. I will look more into it, as our registration process is quite long and complicated. Anyway thank you for your quick and good recommendations.👍

Userlevel 1

No worries @leonard s​ - feel free to pop back to this thread, or ask a new question of the community, if there's anything else you need!