Answered

How to publish this special type of application?

• 25 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Please give me some guide lines in publishing my app. In “submit for a review” page, we are expected to provide a “End- To- End” video, with installation step of the app, how it is possible to show the installation step even before publishing it?

How to make my app available to only subscribed users? Is it possible to handle our payments externally? Is it possible to get some one to chat to have more interactive discussion ?

(NOTE : I am trying to publish my app through my company profile - imaradevteam@gmail.com)

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 28 January 2021, 18:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @rajabdeen​ 👋

You should be able to fully develop your app and use it on the [dev] workspace associated with the app.

For example, if you've developed the app and just need to submit it for review, you should still be able to use it as a private app within the [dev] workspace.

For oAuth, in the "end-to-end" video, all you need to do is show that you'e using the same URL for installation and OAuth as what you have configured for the app, and just navigate to that URL in the video to show the OAuth process and client_id.

It's not possible to make your app available only to paying users - it will be listed for all users in the Intercom App Store.

It is possible, however, to handle your payments externally. If your app requires a subscription, then it needs to be handled outside of Intercom. More info here

Badge +1

thanks @eric f11​ , but how can i include the installation step, even before publishing it?

Userlevel 1

Hey @rajabdeen​, you can first publish it as a private app on your [dev] workspace, then record yourself installing this private app on your workspace. This will suffice for the end-to-end video!

Badge +1

thanks @eric f11​ , i will try that way.