Answered

Need tour steps pointing to different CSS Classes on Desktop vs. Mobile with same product tour...

• 26 January 2021
  • 7 replies

I have a setup a product tour for a webpage which works fine on desktop browser.

Unfortunately, certain components in the desktop view are not present in the mobile view… so is there a way to point a specific tour step one-way in desktop view, but point differently or un-point it in mobile view – with same product tour?

I am also considering turning off the tour altogether on mobile view … for which I tried to add the does not contain OS = Android and does not contain OS = iOS settings… but it doesn’t seem to work.

I suspect that maybe the Intercom tracking code needs to explicitly pass OS (and browser) to Intercom? Where can I find a code snipped on that?

icon

Best answer by User855 27 January 2021, 14:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@user855​ For your first problem, I bet your best solution would be separate tours for desktop and mobile. Regarding the OS-Tracking I'm not sure which steps are missing in your setup

Badge

Hello @user855​ , Product tours don't work on mobile devices including browsers.

Yes, so that's what I prefer to do from inside Intercom but I guess, that might be possible with the Series feature - so we detect the OS and then direct to the Desktop tour vs. Mobile tour. Only other way is to get the developer to write the director logic in code.

Also in term of OS - I thought that Intercom code could pickup the device OS automatically but I guess we have to explicitly code that in the tracking code snippet - see here: https://developers.intercom.com/intercom-api-reference/reference#contacts-model/p>

For now, I have modified the tour to NOT point anywhere and have it as a image+text only tour. This now works on Desktop + Mobile.

Not true.

Badge

@user855​ Please, take a look at the Intercom official article about Product tours on mobile devices.

Product Tours 

I know what it says ... but it is NOT true. I have 3 tours running in Mobile browser and they work fine!

Badge

@user855​ ​ , On your phone yes, but officially Intercom not supporting Product tours in mobile browsers. This means that some users may be had some problems during their onboarding.

If you just looking for a way to disable it on mobile devices, you should apply OS filter.

OS Filter