Answered

I need to looping through a custom attribute that receives an JSON Object. Does intercom use any template language as liquid?

• 28 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I need to looping through a custom attribute that receives an JSON Object. Does intercom use any template language as liquid?
icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 3 February 2021, 11:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there @marcos s12​, I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to achieve here. Could you outline what you're hoping to set up in a bit more detail, please?

I was trying to use a Custom Attribute to receive an array with some JSON objects, and I would like to iterate through this array. I realize some tools, like Customerio, offers a templatting language such as Liquid that allows us to do it. I was wondering if we have something like that on Intercom.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for clarifying! Can you tell me a bit more about how you're hoping to use this array? What is your end goal?

My end goal is to use the array items as we use custom attributes, to fill up some email informations for a user.

Userlevel 1

I checked in with our engineers as I wasn't sure on this myself, @marcos s12​, and I'm afraid we don't support array type custom attributes. I'd like to see if I can offer you a workaround, though. When you say "fill up some email informations for a user", what do you mean by this? Could you outline for me, step by step, what you'd like to ultimately set up? What would the user experience be like?