Answered

Notes. Cool but crowded

• 3 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello, community.

Love the notes, but the fact that they are "live" in the body of correspondence is creating a mess sometimes.

I recently started to use JIRA to work with the user's cases. The good thing is that JIRA and conversations are cross-connected. You can leave a comment in the conversation, and it will be sent to the JIRA ticket and vice versa.

The issue with any conversation, when we need to discuss the case with different teams etc is that now we have tons of comments right inside the dialogue with the user. Which is making all correspondence with the user very overloaded.

Is there a way to keep notes outside the "body" of the chat with the user? Maybe an additional plugin or app.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 3 February 2021, 16:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @denis t​,

You can also use "User Notes" for that. But, as the name suggests they are user-based and not specific to a single conversation.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Also, useful feature, but not the same. I'm basically wanted to have a separate feed for notes related to the dialogue.

Freshdesk has such a feature for their tickets. Something like a chat inside the ticked. (separate flow)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@denis t​ maybe you wanna add it to the @Product Wishlist​ 

Userlevel 2

We have the same issue with JIRA comments interfering with normal user notes. I would for a feature that separated user notes (human) from automated notes (from apps). The automated notes tab could be read only.

Hey all, Tobias here from ToolsPlus (creator of the Jira integration). This makes sense and is something we have brought up with Intercom a couple of times. We were thinking of messages from apps (similar to what you see from Intercom bots). Unfortunately, there has not been much movement on this and we could not find any better way to share issue updates with the APIs available today. If you have any input or ideas do let me know.