Answered

Sending messages to all users who belong to a certain company when no one in that company has performed an action.

• 11 February 2021
  • 2 replies

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

Hi all,

I want to send messages to all users who belong to a certain company when no one in that company has sent newsletters in X days. Right now I can target users based on their own behaviour but not based on the company behaviour. Is there a way to target users based on their company actions, not personal actions?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 15 February 2021, 10:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@dovi​  I'm not an expert in this area of tracking and sending to people based on company related events but I'd be curious to explore it with you.

My initial thought from looking at the functionality in Intercom itself is that you'd need to use an outside service for this --- something like Zapier.com or Automate.io -- this would integrate with Intercom then look at all users from the company, if they haven't take the action you want them to take (based on data in Intercom or somewhere else if you've got another API you can tap into) then somehow use that to trigger a message the people in that company you want to send to based on those details.

If you haven't used Zapier before it can be a bit daunting and sometimes the exact info you need to trigger may not be accessible and you have to find some workarounds. For example, do you have events that you can use to help you track when a newsletter has been sent? If so maybe you can use that but then do you want to send out to all the users in the company or do you have some sort of tag or field to know who's the person from the company this notification would go to? You may need a custom attribute for that to make it easy to determine who from the company gets notified if it's not everyone.

Hope this helps as a starting point and maybe someone else will have better ideas based on company, we are more of a B2C business so most of my solution are related to the user directly but I'm confident if you've got a way to detect this being sent or not and you have some patience one of these services should be able to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @dovi​ , I hope you are doing well.

Can you describe your case fully? Right now you can target users based on the sent newsletter?

In your case best way will be to create a new company data attribute, like Sent Newsletter.

Once one of the users sends the newsletter, you should change that value.

Looking forward.