Answered

Can I use my Articles Help Center as an internal knowledge base?

• 12 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Is it possible to use articles in Intercom as a private knowledge base for my company? meaning, not meant to be shared with customers, but instead also using them as internal knowledge sharing.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sushana 25 March 2021, 09:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user893​, our Articles product is designed to be a customer-facing Help Center. It's not really built for us as an internal knowledge base.

The one workaround I can think of would be to create unlisted articles (i.e. articles that are not added to a collection) and record the URLs of these articles in another resource for your team. Unlisted articles can't be searched for in your Help Center, but they can be accessed by directly clicking on the URL.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user893​ , Eric is right, the Intercom help center is not designed to be an internal help center.

I'm suggesting taking a look at Guru, It's a knowledgebase software and can be used internally. Offering integrations with Intercom, Slack, Gmail, etc...

I hope this will be helpful 🦄

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This could be easily achievable if intercom added an option here "Internal Only"

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 12.43.57 PM

Userlevel 1
Badge

@joshua d​ , You can set the "Draft" status to the specific articles and they will be available for only team members. However Internal knowledgebase something different, suggesting to take a look at the Guru's Feature list.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

If you use a company-specific email for all colleagues (e.g. j.doe@company.com) you could also use this to filter the audience for those articles.

Badge +2

@user893​ : We're using the help center to also host some articles for the eyes of internal users only. I have a segment of such users and I restrict the Article visibility to only that segment.

A whole collection of such articles is present in our help center that is only visible to our Internal users.

Just wanted to share this idea with you if you'd like to use it to your benefit.