Answered

Custom bot not firing continuously, why?

• 15 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi.

I have a custom bot set up to engage visitors/leads. It triggers after 10 secs on our homepage URL. However, I am noticing that if I open/interact with the bot at all (whether I reply or don't reply) it won't then re-trigger/fire when you next visit the website. Why is this? I have tried a series of rule testing in order to get it to trigger regardless of site visits etc. and tested on a range of people and they have said the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

icon

Best answer by Roy 17 February 2021, 00:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @max t​ , Cause every user matches the Series only once. As I get you correctly, you want to send a trigger every time a visitor visits the web-page? Am I Right?

Hey Roy,

It's not part of a series but a stand alone chat bot within the messenger. The ruleset outlines just visitors/leads who enter a URL but maybe you're right about the one time match. However, I have noticed that I can get the chat bot some days and then on other days it doesn't appear at all. Is this because I may have interacted with it previously and then does it almost reset me as a user to then appear again a few days later?

Thanks!