Answered

Is it possible to start a Zoom video session right from the chat conversation?

• 16 February 2021
  • 5 replies

• New Participant
  • 1 reply

I would like the ability to kick off a zoom session from an Intercom conversation, and have Zoom automatically create a meeting id, set the meeting subject based on the client's name and put the invite into the chat. Right now I kick off client zoom sessions, based on Intercom conversations, by hand, using by personal meeting id, and locating a previously recorded session (if I ever need to review it) is difficult, because all recorded zoom sessions are called "Personal Meeting Room".

icon

Best answer by Roy 16 February 2021, 20:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @yuri​ ,

In your case, you should use Calendly <> Intercom Zoom <> Calendly Integrations.

Calendly <> Intercom Integration will allow scheduling appointments inside the Intercom conversation;

Zoom <> Calendly Integration will schedule Zoom meetings, once the appointment will be submitted through chat.

Calendly Official Web-Site

Calendly <> Intercom App

Calendly <> Zoom Integration

I hope this will be helpful.

Thanks, @roy s11​ . I am a help desk agent, one who is initiating the Zoom calls, and I do it in the moment, right away, not scheduling them in advance. With calendly allow me to do that, or is it only for my clients to initiate calls with me?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@yuri​ , At this time there no app that will allow scheduling Zoom calls directly from Inbox =(

A workaround will be to use Zapier integration.

Example:

Tag - ZoomCall added to a conversation or user profile <> Zoom will schedule the meeting.

BTW - such Integration available for Google Meet.

I hope this will be helpful.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can also request this feature in @Product Wishlist​ Group cause the Zoom app is built by Intercom.

I have the same issues as you have and I have a way to do this without using the suggested method above.

Go to the App Store, find Quick Links and install that in your Intercom app.

Once installed - add one of the quick links to be your personal zoom link.

Now you can click it and it automatically opens a zoom window where you can give the invite code.