Answered

Is there a way to send an automated custom message when my rule closes a conversation automatically.

• 19 February 2021
  • 7 replies

I have a rule that closes conversations after 5 minutes of inactivity from my customer however I also want to send a custom automated message when this happens such as "Because you irresponsive for 5 minutes I had to close the conversation however you can reopen this conversation at any point after reading". Does this feature exist? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 29 April 2024, 00:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @landon v​ , That's a good use case.

Afraid there is no such feature currently, but as I know Intercom team working on this.

You can check this post and reply your use case there - Why would you want an auto-reply feature? (Question from an Intercom Product Manager)

Let's also tag @Alissa Tyrangiel​ here.

Thanks for tagging me @roy s11​ .

@landon v​ , we are indeed looking into this so thanks for submitting this request

Hi,

Is there any update to this feature?

Thanks

Paul

this feature sounds like an obvious must-have. im really surprised intercom have not added this after 5 months!

For my company, we need a feature like this because we need to send customers a disclaimer before beginning the conversation with one of our veterinarians.

@Roy after three years, I’d like to know if this is on the horizon?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @Marvin Rebong! I got some good news for you! This is currently possible by using our Workflows feature! 

You can trigger a ‘Customer has been unresponsive’ Workflow and have it send a message and close the conversation.