Answered

Using Intercom as a "Price Upon Request" feature

• 22 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all, I'm trying to use Intercom to allow a Price Upon Request feature.

We have a Shopify Plus website, and we don't want to reveal publicly the price of certain products. Ideally when someone hits a page with that product, they could press a button which would trigger the chat window - and the chat operator would receive information on which product (or page) they were visiting.

Any thoughts on how to pull this off?

icon

Best answer by Roy 22 February 2021, 18:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @james w​ , How about launch a custom bot from the button?

More information on that can be found here.

Let me know if you have any further questions, happy to help.

Interesting. Could the chat bot receive information from the user session?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@james w​ , What kind of information are you looking for?

What we really need is the specific URL they were visiting when they triggered the bot.

Check out this page as an example: https://www.davidwebb.com/collections/kingdom/products/double-headed-snake-charmer-bracelet. Rather than have a price on the page, I'd like the visitor to hit a button which says "request a price". If that person clicked the button, they could do nothing further - the page URL would be directly sent to our chat team, which could respond via Intercom (or email) - or they could add additional information to their request. (Ideally the bot flow would say something like "We'd be happy to get you more information on this creation. What's the best way for us to reach you (some way to get email, phone, text, whatsapp)? And then... 'Beyond the price, do you have any additional questions about this piece?'

But at no time does the bot need to ask "which piece are you looking at". That's the ideal.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@james w​ , You can do that via a Custom bot, it's also possible to detect Source URL (Where conversation started).

SourceIf you need more information let me know, I can record some quick video instruction for you 😇