How could I use the new Custom Reports feature to track CSAT improvements?

• 24 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to build a custom report to help me track efforts to improve my team’s CSAT, what’s the best way to go about this?

1 reply

Hey, Rati here, I’m the product manager for Custom Reports, and I just wanted to share an example of how we’ve used this feature at Intercom. 

A few months ago, we ran an initiative to improve how we supported our VIP Customer Segment across key channels. We ran this initiative over the course of 4 weeks. The aim was to improve the Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) score of this segment, so it was important for us to:

1. Keep track of the progress based on our goals using our primary support metrics 
  2. Dig into metrics to diagnose issues and make data-informed decisions to adjust our processes and approach towards our goals

Before this feature, we found ourselves spending a lot of time recalculating these metrics using the Conversation CSV export for a more custom view or needing to collaborate with our analytics team to get custom dashboards built using the Intercom API. This was quite time consuming, as you can imagine.

With Custom Reports, we were able to do this much quicker

Here’s how we set it up -

Step 1: The first step we took was to set up a custom report with the right metrics and filters

Primary Metrics: Average First response time, CSAT, Conversation volume

Key dimensions: Channel, Topics

Relevant filters: Date, User tag = VIP segment 

When we had this report setup, team leads would check in daily to see how well their newly implemented processes were impacting their primary metrics. Additionally, they would use this dashboard to report on progress weekly to stakeholders.

Interconnected Post 

Step 2: Sometimes we needed to dig in a little deeper to identify how we could improve our metrics. To do this, we would use the relevant filters on the report and in the charts. 

We also found it extremely helpful to be able to see how a conversation impacted a metric. The team leads could directly give feedback to the Customer Support representative by adding a note to the conversation

ezgif.com-gif-maker (7) 

I would love to hear some examples of how you’re using custom reports and any questions you may have. Feel free to sound off below.