Answered

Is there a way to sync emails sent to users from gmail?

• 25 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Right now we are using Intercom for support and Pipedrive (CRM) for general account management. I'd like for our Customer Success team (who does support and AM) to move to using Intercom solely and leave Pipedrive for our sales team mainly.

The reason for this is that at this point our CS team has moved so much of what we do out of pipedrive and into Intercom. The only real lingering thing we use Pipedrive for is to have a viewable record of emails sent to our users in case any of them emailed us directly (which happens on occasion).

I know there's the option to have our emails forwarded into Intercom, but that's not ideal either because there are plenty of emails we all get personally that don't need to be managed through intercom (and shouldn't necessarily be public).

Basically I'd love to find an app that plugs right into a Intercom user's contact page and shows a record of any emails sent to that user's email address through gmail so that we have that history, plus all intercom conversation history, in one place.

Ideas/thoughts? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Brent 25 February 2021, 04:40

View original

2 replies

Badge +4

Hiya, I'm not aware of anything like this but others may come back with some ideas.

Are you looking for something like what Pipedrive does with gmail syncing and subject tagging of conversations?

We had the same thought at the beginning but quickly moved off using our email addresses at all for customer comms and only using Intercom. We have one support email address that forwards all email to intercom which works really well. We then use the email or in app message functionality for any comm - as well as the outbound tools. The odd email that comes to someone's inbox, we forward to the support address and then respond to them via intercom. This way works well for us but may not for you - but thought I'd put it out there.

Cheers,

Brent

Thanks, Brent! And yes, and really it doesn't have to be as good of a "sync" as Pipedrive has. For example, we don't need to be able to send FROM our gmails THROUGH intercom (like you can through Pipedrive) but I would love to be able to see, within Intercom, a record of any gmail communication to that user's email address from anyone on our team.

I'm wondering if we can find a way to not use our email addresses at all and do all outbound communication through Intercom directly, like you mentioned. Hmmmmm