Answered

Article Searching Doesn't Work

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

For some reason the guy I'm speaking to in support believes this to be a "feature request'

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 11.06.13 AM 

So here is my question/issue/feature request.

If I type in words of an article, nothing comes in:

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.41.54 PMIf I type in the entire title of the article (as if I can remember every articles exact title), then it finds it.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.42.01 PMSo my request is that intercom make the search work normally.

icon

Best answer by Roy 8 March 2021, 23:08

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @joshua d​ 👋, How are you doing?

I agree with you that this is a Bug, not a feature request. However, You should write one word not the entire title of the article.

Example:

Unsubsc - ❌

Unsubscribed - ✓

View - ❌

Viewing - ✓

Writing the entire title of the article is not necessary.

As I mentioned above, I agree with you that this needs to be fixed.

@Intercom Bug Reports​ 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@joshua d​ Not entirely sure what happens on your instance, but for me, this is working just as you would expect:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-09 um 08.40.31even works before I'm done writing the whole word:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-09 um 08.41.12

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Don’t know. Maybe English articles app doesn't work as well ;)

Userlevel 1
Badge

@kevin b​ , I tried now in a different language and there is the same issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@roy s11​ That's strange. That makes it sound like a bug even more then. If it's working correctly for some people and for others it doesn't, then it's probably not working as intended.

Userlevel 1

Hey folks, let me take a look into this. @roy s11​, in which languages did it work as expected and in which did you have issues?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@eric f11​ , It's not related to any kind of language. It seems to be a global issue that needs to be fixed. 😕

Userlevel 1

Gotcha, so just so I'm super clear with my report, the issue is that the Article Search app doesn't pick up word fragments, only whole words? I suspect that's by design so as to improve the quality of search returns, but I am open to correction.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You're correct, but I still think article search should allow a more "broad" search because how am I supposed to know if the article creator used a specific word or not? It's harder to search and for the agent to use.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Keep in mind, this also doesn't work in the mobile app either. The mobile app is even worse and I can barely search for an article. I am surprised more people aren't complaining about this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am checking to see if anyone has an answer or update on this? Thank you