Answered

How do we restart webhooks?

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

My current understanding of webhooks in Intercom is when we specify them in our app, they get enabled for the workspace upon install. However, we offer a two-week trial and after this point, we'd like to silence webhooks from workspaces that are not customers / dormant.

I understand we can reply to a webhook with an HTTP 410 and the Intercom will disable them for us.

However, how do we re-enable them if a customer subsequently subscribes? Does the customer have to go through the install flow again? Given webhooks are no longer part of the API, I assume we can't do it on our side.

icon

Best answer by Marin M 12 March 2021, 18:25

View original

4 replies

Hi @colin l11​ , you're right, currently there's no way to re-enable these webhooks once they're deactivated with 410. Customer would need to uninstall and then install the app again for webhook to created.

Badge +1

Thanks Marin. Just to be very clear, the user would need to completely uninstall the app from their workspace and re-install it?

In other words, the webhooks would not reactivate if they simply re-authorised the app in an OAuth flow?

Yes, that's correct. Currently only uninstall and re-install will work. Uninstall will delete the webhook that's in inactive state and install will create a new one.

Re-authorization will not reactivate an inactive webhook.

We’ve been testing with deactivating webhooks with status code 410, but when we uninstall and re-install the app, the webhooks are not re-activated.  Is there something we’re missing or did this never reactive the webhooks?