Answered

Can I see or track which saved replies are used the most over a time period?

• 11 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I want to use this to get an idea of which HC articles we should be developing to answer the more straight forward questions.

icon

Best answer by Milan 12 March 2021, 02:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello @lamint​ 

There's no such report as far as I know (as there is for Articles).

What you could do, since saved replies are sent manually, is to have a tag for each saved reply and then ask agents to besides sending a saved reply to tag the conversation with that tag that belongs to that saved reply. And after a while check the report on conversation tags.

It's not an instant solution, and it can be very time-consuming to set this (I assume you have lots of saved replies) and then you depend on agents, but if I were you and this was really important then this is how I would do it.

Cheers!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @lamint​ , I Agree with @user382​ ​ there is no such feature officially but here some workaround:

You can use Conversation topics, This new feature allows you to filter conversations and detect topics based on keywords. If you build it correctly, you can detect Save reply usage. Please keep in mind that you should do this one by one to all of your saved replies.

You can also request this feature in @Product Wishlist​ Group, several Intercom users already asked for this feature.

Badge +1

Hi @roy s11​ and @user382​ thanks for both of your replies. I had considered the tagging option but hoped there was a more automated solution. I'll look into personalising conversation topics more, but at first glance, the keywords that were chosen automatically were far too generic like 'help' and 'talk'- not product-specific at all. I also got the impression that I wouldn't be able to get an idea of which were most used- because it would rely on me adding the keywords- which is a bit back to front for what I want. Thanks again.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@lamint​ , You can enter whole phrases from the saved replies or several keywords at once.

It's not the best way but if you set-up it correctly, it will work.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Actually, what @roy s11​ is suggesting will not only "read through" your customer messages but messages from agents as well, and you can filter the keywords (and phrases) used only by your teammates.

And what's even better is that Conversation topics can work retroactively. Just make sure to use a unique phrase for each saved reply to define it as a topic (yeah, again lots of manual work) but this will work for you and you will not depend on agents tagging conversations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@lamint​  I've been asking for this as well, some way to auto apply tags based on the Saved Reply would be a good start but yeah metrics in the reports on Saved Replies would be amazing. I'll check out Conversation Topics too -- I haven't seen that, but I do think the search in Intercom is pretty unhelpful for finding anything useful -- would love to see that improved! Unless I'm missing something with how it works.