Answered

Refresh Inbox app

• 14 March 2021
  • 2 replies

For the inbox canvas app:-

1) Initialize is called when user chat window is opened by the teammate or when the teammate refreshes the intercom page

2) submit is called when there is a interaction on the canvas app.

Question :-

1) Can I call initialize/submit on the inbox canvas app whenever a user replies to the conversation.

2) Is there an API which I can call to refresh the inbox app

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 16 March 2021, 16:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @akhilesh j​!

1. Our Canvas Kit and app building functionality are self-contained, so there isn't a way of external things like convo replies triggering a Canvas Kit Request.
  2. Just like the above, our Canvas Kit is self-contained, so any of the request/response actions are tied to the Canvas Kit and the app. There's no external API that could trigger it. A workaround would be to create a Submit button on parts of the app that would lead back to the initial canvas of the app e.g. like a back button, or else you could try and utilise our Live Canvas.

Is this still the case? I want to create inbox app, but the submit request will take more than 15 seconds. It seems that Intercom timeouts in between and there’s no way for me to update the canvas again without the user clicking on an object initiating new request. Is there a good solution for this?